March is here and that means two things…
1. Patio weather is just around the corner (despite the 8-12 inches of snow that’s suppose to fall tonight)…who else is dying for a cocktail, street side, under the lights of downtown Lexington…And 2. This kicks off my 4-week cocktail series with Arcadium.
I am not much of a beer drinker so my usual “go-to” drink is a good ol’ bourbon and diet (diet Ale-8-one or Diet Coke). Easy peasy, right? Almost too easy…and slightly boring. In an effort to “up” my cocktail game I asked Arcadium to partner with me and teach us how to whip up a few of my bar favorites (to include: the Sazerac, the French 75, an Old Fashioned, and their famous Sunday funday drink, the Bloody Mary).
Let’s start with the Sazerac!
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 ounce of Rye Whiskey
- 2-3 dashes of Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 dash of angostura bitters
- Lemon Peel
- Simply Syrup
- Abinthe (only enough to coat the glass)
Let’s get with Case to show us how to put it all together.
A special “Thank You” to Arcadium and Case for the space, time, and the great drinks!
KY State Bourbon Tee c/o High Street Fly
Photography by: Jesse Rohr
Video and Editing by: Jeremiah Oschwald of Beard House Media